Sunday, July 25, 2010

I Write Like....

Someone I know recently sent me to this website, I Write Like….

You enter in a sample of your writing and the site tells you what famous writer you most write like.

I’m not to willing to swear on this site or attest to its accuracy. But I thought it would be fun and possibly enlightening…

I entered 8 different writing samples of my own writing -- pretty diverse choices.

Apparently I Write Like:

George Orwell
Cory Doctorow
Cory Doctorow
James Joyce
Kurt Vonnegut
Cory Doctorow
Robert Louis Stevenson
Cory Doctorow

Well, obviously I’d better go and read some Cory Doctorow…or maybe I’ll go type in some Jane Austen to that site and see what happens…..bruhahahhhahahhaa…..

Check it out and let us know who YOU write like…..

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Apparently, my YA novel is like David Foster Wallace (Brief Interviews with Hideous Men) and my blog posts are like H. P. Lovecraft (The Call of Cthulhu).

Interesting....

Kristi Tuck Austin said...

Would someone else try this today (7/27) and tell me if it's stuck on Stephen King or if it is just me?

I've never even read much Stephen King. I couldn't get through the first chapter in his book on writing. I wonder what this says about me....

Kristi Tuck Austin said...

The greatest injustice? I typed in some of Suzanne Collin's Catching Fire and it spit out Stephenie Meyer.

So apparently it isn't stuck on Stephen King. I answered my own question. Sorry!

Michelle said...

No worries, Kristi. I got different answers for different samples of my writing.