Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Nicola Morgan would kill me

Nicola Morgan had a great post today about getting one's bum in gear when it comes to writing. She argues- and I agree- that being published is more about hard work and dedication than luck.

It was exactly what I needed to read. I've been far too distracted by job searches lately.

But...

if you would like a bit of luck, take a walk outside tonight or tomorrow night. The Perseid meteor shower is ... showering. Should be lots of shooting stars to wish on.





3 comments:

Michelle said...

I don't know if it's going to be clear enough for the Perseids. :( The year we lived out in the middle of nowhere we got up at about 2:30 am for a meteor shower, got dressed and went outside, only to discover that it was completely overcast!

Tess said...

How cool is that? I will have to google the details and then pull out the telescope tonight. We're off on a trip tomorrow so will miss it otherwise.

And, so true about the whole hard work thing. Man, am I learning that!

Sarah said...

I was able to see one good one this evening before the clouds moved in.

How crazy about you and Matt! It is exciting to get up in the middle of the night. There's this sense that you're savoring something the rest of the world is too lazy to enjoy. But to go to all that effort and not see anything!

I have an appointment tomorrow morning, so I won't be getting up in the wee sma's to count shooting stars. (I suppose that means I'm too lazy to enjoy it, too.)