Sunday, February 7, 2010

We have a winner!

The voting for the most polished pitch is closed and we have a winner:

Pitch #6, written by Jayne!

Florence Delaney expects one of three things to happen when she dies. Ascend to heaven, descend to hell, or to wink out of existence entirely. Instead the unforeseen fourth thing happens – she meets Max, with his shaved head and strange fondness for white denim. And Max has a big confession to make…

Pitch #3, by Kirsty, came in as a close second.

Jayne will have her choice of an Amazon or Barnes and Noble $25 gift card.

I'd like to thank everyone who sent their pitch in to be critiqued. I loved getting to know you better as we got the contest rolling. And many thanks to those who commented as well. Your insights and advice were invaluable. I've had a great time with this contest, and I'm already considering ideas for another one. (If you have any suggestions, please let me know!)

Something tells me this should be a longer post, but I've been shoveling snow, and I'm a bit tired. I'm trying not to think about the chapter I was supposed to turn into the Slushies by Thursday...

But I digress.

Thanks again for making the first Slushbuster contest such a great experience. I've said it before, but it bears repeating:

We've met amazing folks through this blog. We are so fortunate to know you!

13 comments:

Agnieszkas Shoes said...

Thank you so much for running this! Jayne's pitch has definitely polished up since the initial post to make that cracking hook sing out. And SO glad Kirsty did so well - I know I'm going to buy that book when it's out.

Steena Holmes said...

Fantastic news! Congrats to Jayne and Kristy, I'm in line behing Agniszkas Shoes for those books!

Jayne said...

Wow! Thank you so much! This has totally made my night. :)

Having hastily shed my pyjamas for a designer gown in true acceptance speech spirit, I would like to say a heartfelt thank you to everyone that voted and commented on my original pitch, and to Sarah and the Slushbusters for organising such a wonderfully helpful contest. This has given me a real boost of confidence, and gosh, I am just flabbergasted and so delightedly happy! Thank you again, and lots of good fortune to all the other pitchers.

*re-dons pyjamas and skips around the house with a beaming smile*

Unknown said...

Congratulation Jayne and Kristy. Best of luck on your novels.

Unknown said...

Also, many thanks to Slush-busters for hosting the "Polish Your Pitch" contest. I learned a lot from the experience.

Sarah said...

Congrats, Jayne and Kirsty! And again, thanks so much to everyone who submitted a pitch and commented. I've had such a good time these past few days.

IanBontems said...

Congrats Jayne and Kristy, great pitches!

Tess said...

Congrats, Jayne!

Tara McClendon said...

What a great pitch. I'm curious to hear more about option number four.

Scott said...

Congrats!!!

Clara English said...

Congratulations, Jayne! And thanks for the compliment, Dan. I've just downloaded your ebook and I look forward to reading it.

Thanks most of all to the Slushbusters folk for running the contest – can't wait for the next one!

Katie said...

Wow, Jayne's really is awesome! Makes me want to read the book and see what that fourth outcome is! :)

Jayne said...

Popping back to say thank you so much for your lovely comments! It makes me feel excited for the future - thanks for giving me that boost of confidence. :)